ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Learn how to prepare a delicious chocolate raspberry roll following the easy recipe below. It is a perfect dessert for an holiday feast or a special occasion.
For the Sponge
For the filling
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Dessert
- Recipe yield 8
How to make a delicious chocolate raspberry roll
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200° fan) , gas 7 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Beat the egg whites and 2 tbsp of cold water to the stiff peak stage.
- Add the sugar little by little then fold in the egg yolks.
- Mix together the flour, cornflour, cocoa powder and baking powder and sieve into the egg white mixture.
- Fold in gently then spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for around 12 minutes.
- Invert onto a clean tea towel sprinkled with sugar.
- Carefully peel off the baking parchment, roll up and let cool.
- Whip the cream and sugar until stiff.
- Unroll the sponge cake, spread with the cream and scatter with raspberries.
- Roll up and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Serve the chocolate raspberry roll dusted with icing sugar.