- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a tart pan with a removable bottom by lightly greasing it with butter or baking spray.
- Combine the oats, walnuts, brown sugar, and spices in a food processor. Process until finely chopped, then add the cubes of cold butter one at a time until the mixture begins to come together.
- Using your hands, press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan.
- Put the crust in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, lay the tart pan on a baking sheet, then bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slowly while you prepare the curd. Press down gently if the centre has puffed up a bit from baking.
- In a sauce pot, combine the cranberries, lemon zest, 3/4 cup sugar, and water. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring to help the cranberries dissolve.
- After cooling for 5 minutes, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bring the mixture back to a simmer over medium heat.
- Keep stirring as you add the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add all the ingredients to the pot and cook for 10 minutes, constantly whisking, until the mixture thickens.
- Push the curd through a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl using a spatula.
- Fill the cooled tart crust with the strained filling and refrigerate for at least three hours until set.
- Store refrigerated until serving time. Serve with sugared cranberries or candied lemon slices.
To add more cranberry sensation to your life, check out these easy and delectable recipes to enrich your dishes with colour and vibrancy.
This cranberry sauce is the answer whenever you need a sour, sweet and tangy preserve to accompany your favourite meats or cheeses.
Try this easy chunky cranberry sauce Thanksgiving recipe. Serve it as a condiment with turkey or pork roasted meat.
Looking for a gluten-free dessert recipe? You'll love this cranberry pie, the perfect dessert to grace any Christmas or holiday table.
Need a non-alcoholic version of cranberry punch, an easy and classic winter drink perfect for your Christmas holidays? We got you covered with this gorgeous recipe.
And if you’re looking for new dessert ideas, try this easy pinwheels recipe with delicious cranberries and vanilla extract. Yummy.