A comforting bowl of rich, simple, velvety mashed potatoes is one of life's simple pleasures. Perhaps you're a disciple of Joël Robuchon's iconic pomme purée, or you have a favourite family recipe that's stood the test of time. But have you ever tried making fail-safe mashed potatoes sous vide, that deliver on flavour and texture, every time?
Thanks to the ever-reliable team at ChefSteps, we have a simple sous vide mashed potato recipe that takes the elbow-work out of one of the most-loved dishes, making it look and taste that little bit better. A recipe which the team promise "will yield rich, fluffy potatoes with concentrated savoury flavour, every time".
Here's how to make the ultimate, fail-safe, mashed potatoes by ChefSteps:
How to Make Mashed Potato Sous Vide
- Add butter, milk and peeled, sliced potatoes to a sous vide bag
- Immerse bag in a sous vide at 90°C for 30 minutes, until potatoes can be easily crushed
- Pass potatoes through a fine sieve
- Whisk mix back together in a bowl and season
- Spoon smooth, velvety mashed potato onto your dish
Check out the ChefsSteps site for lots more tips and techniques that'll help inspire and inform your home cooking.