Milan's profile as a rising food destination just got another notch in its belt this week with the long-anticipated opening of a two million international hub of gastronomy in the centre of the historic city: Identità Golose Milano.
The city that's pushing food boundaries, having hosted Expo, Bottura's Refettorio and most recently opening the biggest Starbucks in Europe, is now turning its talents to making "Michelin starred food" accessible.
The brainchild of Identia Golose founders, Paolo Marchi and Claudio Ceroni, the new seven days a week venue will host a selection of some of the best Italian and international chefs, from Massimo Bottura and Rome's Christina Bowerman to Ana Ros and Brazilian chef Rodrigo Oliveira with a weekly rotating schedule of dinners.
Each chef will devise a 4-course meal represent his/her cooking style and will be served with wine for 75€. The idea being that over the course of the year diners will be able to taste dishes from some of the world's most influential chefs at an accessible price point while daily light lunches will be served by chef Andrea Ribaldone and resident chef Andrea Rinaldi.
Cooking classes, conferences, cultural activities and a 360-degree look at the world of haute cuisine, wine, spirits and Italy's best producers will also fill the space, making it not simply a "restaurant", but essentially a reference point for haute cuisine in Italy.
The calendar of forthcoming dinners and Events:
• 21 September: Paco Roncero - Terraza del Casino (Madrid, Spain)
• 22 September: Ana Roš – Hiša Franko (Caporetto, Slovenia)
• 26 - 29 September: Moreno Cedroni – La Madonnina del Pescatore (Senigallia, Ancona)
• 4 - 6 October: Andrea Ribaldone - Osteria Arborina dell’Arborina Relais (La Morra, Cuneo)
• 11 – 13 October: Peppe Guida – Antica Osteria Nonna Rosa (Vico Equense, Napoles)
• 18 – 20 October: Alfio Ghezzi – Locanda Margon (Trento)
• 24 – 27 October: Anthony Genovese – Il Pagliaccio (Rome)
• 31 October– 3 November: Ciro Scamardella and Alessandro Pipero - Pipero Roma (Rome)
• 5 – 10 November: The International White Truffle Fair, Alba
• 14 - 17 November: Marco Sacco – Piccolo Lago (Verbania)
• 21 – 24 November: Ivan and Sergey Berezutskiy - Twins Garden (Mosow, Russia)
• 28 November– 1 December: Le Soste di Ulisse
• 5 – 8 December: Cristina Bowerman – Glass Hostaria (Rome)
• 11 December: Food for Soul with Alain Ducasse (Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, Paris) and Massimo Bottura (Osteria Francescana, Modena)
• 12 – 15 December: Rodrigo Oliveira – Mocotó (San Paolo, Brazil)
• 19 – 22 December: Alfonso Caputo – Taverna Del Capitano (Massa Lubrense, Naples)
• 26 – 29 December: Andrea Ribaldone - Osteria Arborina dell’Arborina Relais (La Morra, Cuneo)
Geranium's Rasmus Kofoed has decided to stop serving meat at the restaurant currently ranked number two on the World's 50 Best Restaurants list. But the Danish chef isn't yet willing to go purely plant-based.