Grant Achatz's Alinea restaurant in Chicago has been named the best in the country in The Daily Meal's annual list of the 101 Best Restaurants in America.
The list that includes restaurants that "offer a truly memorable culinary experience" puts the three Michelin starred restaurant, run by chef Grant Achatz and business partner Nick Kokonas at number one, once again. The duo, who opened the Chicago restaurant 15 years ago, still offers "some of the most imaginative and delicious modernist cuisines in the country," according to The Daily Meal. Their other Chicago restaurant Next appears at no.18 on the list.
Daniel Humm's Eleven Madison Park in New York takes second place, while Dominique Crenn's Atelier Crenn in San Francisco is in third position. Dan Barber can be found at number 10 with Blue Hill at Stone Barns.
See the top 20 below, which is dominated by California with seven entries.
Daily Meal's 101 Best Restaurants in America
1. Alinea (Chicago, Illinois)
2. Eleven Madison Park (New York City, New York)
3. Atelier Crenn (San Francisco, California)
4. Le Bernardin (New York City, New York)
5. Inn at Little Washington (Washington, Virginia)
6. Joël Robuchon (Las Vegas, Nevada)
7. The Restaurant at Meadowood (St. Helena, California)
8. The Barn at Blackberry Farm (Walland, Tennessee)
9. The French Laundry (Yountville, California)
10. Blue Hill at Stone Barns (Pocantico Hills, New York)
11. The Willows Inn (Lummi Island, Washington)
12. Manresa (Los Gatos, California)
13. Coi (San Francisco, California)
14. Dialogue (Santa Monica, California)
15. Girl & the Goat (Chicago, Illinois)
16. Quince (San Francisco, California)
17. Daniel (New York City, New York)
18. Next (Chicago, Illinois)
19. Guy Savoy (Las Vegas, Nevada)
20. Per Se (New York City, New York)