The UK’s bestselling restaurant guide, The Good Food Guide, has named it’s 50 best UK restaurants for 2017, and for the fourth year in a row Simon Rogan's L'Enclume in North West England has taken the top spot.
Rogan's two Michelin star restaurant in the village of Cartmel, Cumbria offers a 17–course tasting menu focused on local seasonal produce (it has its own 12–acre farm) and was praised for "forever breaking new ground" and its "soaring sophistication."
Second on the list was Restaurant Nathan Outlaw in Port Isaac, Cornwall (fourth on the 2016 list), the only other restaurant to score a perfect 10 out of 10.
Alongside stalwarts on these kinds of things, such as London's The Ledbury and Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, were a number of restaurants housed in slightly less formal surroundings, such as shipping containers and even a yurt.
Scotland has five restaurants in the top 50, with Restaurant Andrew Fairlie at Gleneagles claiming ninth spot. The highest new entry this year was Edinburgh's Castle Terrace (22).
See the top 20 and their scores below and click here to see the 50 best UK restaurants. It might be worth doing a spot of cross-referencing with Restaurant Magazine's 100 best restaurants in the UK from earlier in the summer too.
20 best UK restaurants
1. L’Enclume, Cumbria (10)
2. Restaurant Nathan Outlaw, Cornwall (10)
3. Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottinghamshire (9)
4. Pollen Street Social, London (9)
5. Hibiscus, London (9)
6. The Fat Duck, Berkshire (9)
7. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London (9)
8. Hedone, London (8)
9. Restaurant Andrew Fairlie, Tayside (8)
10. Fraiche, Merseyside (8)
11. The Ledbury, London (8)
12. Midsummer House, Cambridgeshire (8)
13. Le Champignon Sauvage, Gloucestershire (8)
14. Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester, London (8)
15. Fera at Claridges, London (8)
16. Le Gavroche, London (8)
17. Marcus, London (8)
18. The French, Manchester (8)
19. André Garrett at Cliveden, Berkshire (8)
20. The Peat Inn, Fife (8)