ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy step-by-step recipe for a delicious roast beef wrapped in a spicy and tasty pastry crust: this amazing main course is ideal for any special occasion.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
How to make a delicious Roast Beef in Spicy Pastry Crust
- Heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil.
- Season the beef and sear in the hot pan for 30 seconds only on each side to colour.
- Leave to cool and then brush all over with the whole grain mustard.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle and place the beef in the centre.
- Brush the surrounding pastry with the egg yolk and wrap the pastry round the beef and cut off any excess.
- Turn over and place on a baking sheet and brush with the rest of the egg.
- Sprinkle the spices and Parmesan over the surface and rest in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C | gas 6.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then lower the oven to 180°C | gas 4 and cook for a further 15 minutes and then take the beef out and rest for 15 minutes.
- The roast beef should be pink when you serve it.