ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Chicken Cacciatore is a rich and rustic Italian dish very easy to prepare at home. Try this recipe, and see!
- Parsley 1 - 2 tbsp, chopped, flat-leaf
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 4
Follow these easy steps to prepare a tasty chicken cacciatore
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Brown the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the pancetta.
- Cook gently to allow the fat to melt and cook until just crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onions have softened and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add the chicken, pancetta, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and stock to the pan and season to taste.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40-50 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Put into serving bowls and scatter over the parsley.