ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for a tasty new vegetarian appetizer? Try to prepare these colorful rolled beetroot pancakes that could be served also as a tasty brunch finger food.
For the pancakes
For the filling
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 8
How to make a tasty rolled beetroot pancake
- Put the beetroot, milk and egg whites into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Add the flour and salt and blend until smooth.
- Lightly oil a pancake or frying pan and heat until smoking hot.
- Add enough batter to coat the base.
- Cook until set, then turn over and cook for another 50 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
- Slide the cooked pancakes onto a plate, layering up the pancakes with non-stick baking paper, so they don't stick together.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Spread the beetroot pancakes with the cream cheese and sprinkle with chives.
- Place on a sheet of cling film and roll up the pancakes tightly in the cling film, twisting both ends to seal.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut each pancake into 4-5 pieces and sprinkle with black pepper.