The World’s 50 Best Restaurants has announced its ‘Bid for Recovery’ programme in partnership with S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna, auctioning off restaurant and gastronomy experiences in aid of the industry.
Part of the 50 Best for Recovery Programme, the ‘Bid for Recovery’ is an online auction of gastronomic experiences, which will run from 3-12 July. The auction will feature more than 100 lots donated by some of the world’s best restaurants, allowing bidders to acquire once-in-a-lifetime gastronomic experiences. All proceeds will go towards relief for restaurants as they emerge from the coronavirus crisis.
Bids can be made between Friday 3 and Sunday 12 July. The full selection of lots will be available to view on the website 50BestForRecovery.com from Monday 29th June, ahead of the auction officially opening five days later.
Here’s a taste of what you can get for your money:
A DAY WITH MAURO COLAGRECO
Two guests will be welcomed by Mauro and Julia Colagreco in Menton, where they can visit Mirazur’s gardens, meet the fishermen who supply the restaurant’s seafood, and have lunch with Mauro at his Pecora Negra pizzeria. Guests will also taste dishes at Mirazur’s ‘creation kitchen’, meet the team, and enjoy the full, newly developed tasting menu, before departing with a set of wine glasses and case of wine.
THE INCRENNIBLE EXPERIENCE! HOSTED BY CHEF DOMINIQUE CRENN
San Francisco, USA
Enjoy a day at Dominique Crenn’s Bleu Belle Farm, where they can partake in activities such as fermentation, beekeeping and olive oil production. Enjoy a wine tasting session with a renowned Californian winemaker, followed by the tasting menu dinner at Atelier Crenn. The next day, guests will take part in a chocolate-making masterclass by pastry chef Juan Contreras. Followed by dinner and drinks at Petit Crenn.
DISCOVER SINGAPORE: CUISINE, COCKTAILS AND CULTURE
A four-day experience with accommodation at both the Marina Bay Sands and Capella Singapore hotels, guests can sample the very best of Singaporean culture as well as its world-renowned cuisine and cocktail scene. The itinerary includes dinner at Odette, dinner at Burnt Ends and drinks at Atlas; plus a guided tour of Singapore’s hawker stalls and hang out with Odette chef Julien Royer.
ULTIMATE THREE-DAY PERUVIAN FOOD SAFARI
Lima and Cusco, Peru
Led by husband and wife team Virgilio Martínez and Pía León, this adventure includes full dining experiences at both Central and Kjolle in Lima, as well as cocktails and local tours. Guests will then be transported to Cusco, home to Martínez’s Mater Iniciativa project and Mil restaurant, to stay at the five-star Explora Valle Sagrado lodge and be led on a trip through the Sacred Valley near Machu Picchu.
Other lots include:
- Ultimate Delhi food experience for four people with Indian Accent, India
- Three-day culinary safari in São Paulo with A Casa do Porco, Brazil
- Cocktail masterclass, dinner and night in suite at the Connaught Hotel, London, UK
- Eating, drinking, shopping and clubbing in Berlin with Nobelhart & Schmutzig, Germany
- Overnight Soča Valley immersion with Ana Roš from Hiša Franko, Kobarid, Slovenia
- Fishing and feasting day with Florilège in Tokyo, Japan
- Gastronomy and culture in Vienna with Steirereck, including helicopter tour, Austria
- Mexico City tasting tour with Édgar Núñez of Sud777, Mexico
- Three days of gastronomic discovery in Moscow with White Rabbit and Selfie, Russia
- Explore HK with Amber’s Richard Ekkebus; including suite at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental hotel, Hong Kong
- Plus, rare bottles of spirits, chefs’ artworks, private cooking classes, wine region tours, sailing trips, exclusive tastings and bespoke parties
All funds raised will go to relief for restaurants around the world emerging from the coronavirus crisis. Independent restaurants and bars across the world will be able to apply for a direct grant in July. Additional donations will be made to non-profit organisations supporting restaurants while also feeding the hungry.