Last year there were just 17 female chefs to feature in the Michelin Guide France. This year, the total of female-led restaurants in the Michelin Guide France 2019 is 26. That’s a significant portion of the 75 new additions although some way off the required male/female split needed to claim we have a truly inclusive fine dining scene.
Recognition of the work of female chefs had been one of the guide's new international director Gwendal Poullennec’s objectives. He has stressed that Michelin judges have not been given gender quotas or biases, but simply encouraged to broaden their restaurant experiences to include more diverse kitchens, including female-led ones.
The leading light of the Michelin Guide France 2019’s female representation is Stéphanie Le Quellec who leads the kitchen at La Scène, a restaurant at Le Prince de Galles hotel, who earned two stars.
Julia Sedefdjian, who at just 21 years of age became the youngest chef in the Michelin Guide France, awarded for her restaurant Les Fables de la Fontaine, has received a star for her new restaurant Bealta.
MICHELIN GUIDE FRANCE 2019, THE FEMALE CHEFS
- Karina Laval - Château de Vault de Lugny - Avalon / Vault-de-Lugny
- Nicole Fagegaltier - Vieux Pont - Belcastel
- Andrée Rosier - Les Rosiers - Biarritz
- Fumiko Maubert - Assa - Blois
- Laetitia Cosnier - Côté Cuisine - Carnac
- Nolwenn Corre - Hostellerie de la Pointe St-Mathieu – Le Conquet
- Mi-Ra Thuillant - L'Essentiel - Deauville
- Lydia Egloff - Bonne Auberge - Forbach / Stiring-Wendel
- Camille Pailleau - Rozo - Lille
- Reine Sammut - Auberge La Fenière - Lourmarin
- Françoise Mutel - La Maison dans le Parc - Nancy
- Virginie Basselot - Chantecler (Hôtel Negresco) - Nice
- Anne-Sophie Pic - La Dame de Pic - Paris
- Adeline Grattard - Yam'Tcha - Paris
- Ayumi Sugiyama - Accents Table Bourse - Paris
- Fabienne Eymard – Benoit - Paris
- Julia Sedefdjian - Baieta - Paris
- Hélène Darroze - Hélène Darroze Marsan - Paris
- Stéphanie Le Quellec - La Scène (Hôtel Prince de Galles) - Paris
- Kwen Liew - Pertinence - Paris
- Chiho Kansaki - Virtus - Paris
- Naoëlle d'Hainaut - L'Or Quidée - Pontoise
- Virginie Giboire - Racines - Rennes
- Fanny Rey - Fanny Rey et Jonathan Wahid – Sanit Remy De Province
- Amélie Darvas - Äponem - Auberge du Presbytère - Vailhan
- Anne-Sophie Pic – Pic - Valence