As the year comes to an end, the folks at Zagathave rounding up what they believe to be the 25 most important restaurant openings in the U.S. for 2013.
The team analyzed restaurant openings of the year across The States and came up with Quiin Austin as their top pick. Opened by Top Chef winner Paul Qui, the restaurant offers ''hyperlocal cuisine'' and "can't-miss cocktails'' in a "hip, beautiful interior."
New York City's Estela, which is run by chef Ignacio Mattos, came in second while Trois Mec in Los Angeles came in third place. Trois Mec is run by celebrity chef trio Ludovic Lefebvre, Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo.
Below is the full list of the top 25 most important restaurant openings of 2013. Don't forget to swing by Zagat for a nice slideshow of the winning restaurants.
1. Qui, Austin
2. Estela, NYC
3. Trois Mec, Los Angeles
4. A10, Chicago
5. The Elm, NYC
6. Rose's Luxury, Washington, DC
7. Serpico, Philadelphia
8. Nico, Chicago
9. Tom Colicchio Heritage Steak, Las Vegas
10. King + Duke, Atlanta
11. The Cavalier, San Francisco
12. Acorn at the Source, Denver
13. Bronwyn, Boston
14. Swine Southern Table & Bar, Miami
15. Goro & Gun, Houston
16. Le Diplomate, Washington, DC
17. SoBou, New Orleans
18. Barnacle Bar, Seattle
19. Coqueta, San Francisco
20. Husk, Nashville
21. Mot Hai Ba, Dallas
22. Connie & Ted's, Los Angeles
23. Kirkland Tap & Trotter, Boston
24. Talula's Daily, Philadelphia
25. Loulay, Seattle