Minestrone Vegetable Soup
Learn how to make the authentic Italian minestrone recipe, a nice and warm vegetarian soup served with a spoon of pesto
01 April, 2012
Type of dish
1 HR 10 MIN
2 each, peeled
20 ml, grated
Extra virgin olive oil
100 g, cooked
- Wash, peel and dice all the vegetables and place them into a large pot with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt.
- To make the dish more digestible, begin sautéing the vegetables in a cool pot.
- Once slightly softened, add enough water to cover the veg and leave to simmer.
- It’s important to cut all the vegetables to the same size to ensure uniform cooking.
- After 40 minutes, turn off the heat.
- The vegetables should maintain their original consistency and should not be mushy.
- Leave the dish to cool, once cooled serve into soup bowls.
- Add a spoonful of pesto, some Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
According to the Genoese tradition, this dish is excellent when served at room temperature or even cold, sprinkled with Parmigiano cheese.