- Wash, peel and dice all the vegetables and place them into a large pot with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt.
- To make the dish more digestible, begin sautéing the vegetables in a cool pot.
- Once slightly softened, add enough water to cover the veg and leave to simmer.
- It’s important to cut all the vegetables to the same size to ensure uniform cooking.
- After 40 minutes, turn off the heat.
- The vegetables should maintain their original consistency and should not be mushy.
- Leave the dish to cool, once cooled serve into soup bowls.
- Add a spoonful of pesto, some Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
According to the Genoese tradition, this dish is excellent when served at room temperature or even cold, sprinkled with Parmigiano cheese.