ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
How to make stuffed tomatoes with beef and herbs, an easy and tasty recipe perfect for a summer meal: check out the ingredient list and the preparation.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Main course
- Recipe yield 6
How to make baked stuffed tomatoes with beef filling
- To prepare baked stuffed tomatoes with beef, start heating the sunflower oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat until hot.
- Sweat the onion, celery and garlic for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Increase the heat and add the beef mince to the dish, browning well all over and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat once browned and season the mixture to taste with salt, pepper, chopped parsley and the dried oregano.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C | gas 6.
- Arrange the main part of the tomatoes in a roasting tray.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the main cavities of the tomatoes, then replace their tops on top of the beef.
- Arrange the reserved insides of the tomatoes and the bay leaf and thyme sprigs in the tray.
- Drizzle everything with the olive oil and some more seasoning.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and starting to colour on top.
- Remove and leave the stuffed tomatoes to stand for a few minutes before serving.