ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wandering how to make the authentic Baba Ganoush? Here is an easy and quick way to prepare the famous Middle Eastern eggplant spicy dip.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Appetizer
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Middle Eastern
How to make baba ghanoush
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Cut the eggplant into 0.5 cm | 0.25" thick slices and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in a colander in the sink and leave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, pat the slices dry with kitchen paper.
- Arrange on a large baking tray and drizzle with flaxseed oil, seasoning with salt and pepper at the same time.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and lightly charred.
- Remove from the grill and wraps the slices in a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the eggplant after 5 minutes and roughly chop the flesh.
- Combine in a food processor with the garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and tahini, and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste as needed.
- Spread the mixture on a serving plate and garnish with the extra-virgin olive oil, pine nuts, parsley, and smoked paprika.