Pumpkin tortelli pasta recipe, with amaretti cookies and Grana Padano cheese by chef Claudio Sadler from Milan
30 March, 2012
Season & Occasion
1 HR 40 MIN
1,5 kg, from Mantua
200 g, pickled
Grana padano cheese
100 g, grated
50 g, re-milled
Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks, put into an oven pan and cook for 40 minutes at 160°C, covering it with tin foil so it doesn’t dry out too much.
- Take off the skin and pass the pulp through a sieve, making sure that it’s dry.
- If not, blot it with a dish towel to eliminate excess liquid.
- Chop up the fruit mustard (pickled, candied fruit) and pulverize the amaretti, adding them both to the pumpkin, making sure to taste and adjust as needed.
- As the density of pumpkins is always different, you must dose the ingredients according to taste.
- Then add the grated Grana cheese and the nutmeg.
- Prepare the pasta at least 4 hours in advance and then roll it out, cutting the dough into cm 5x5 squares.
- Arrange a dollop of filling onto every square, and in the centre place a tiny cube of foie gras and then fold the dough to form tortelli.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the sliced almonds over medium heat until they turn golden.
- Cook the tortelli in boiling salt water, drain them and then pass them in a pan with fresh butter, thyme and grated Grana Padano cheese.
- Arrange the tortelli in the plate and decorate each portion with the toasted almonds and fresh thyme before serving.