How to make quince paste or quince cheese:
1. Wash the quince, brush them and remove the hairs. Remove the heart and seeds and put them into a muslin bag.
2. Cut the fruit into quarters without peeling them.
3. Bring 1.5 liters of water up to the boil. When the water is boiling, plunge the pieces of quince and the muslin bag inside and let it cook for 20 minutes until the fruit is tender.
4. Drain, remove the bag and finely mix the quince.
5. Weigh the mixture and add the equivalent of the weight in sugar.
6. Transfer the mixture of mashed quince and sugar to a pan, add a split pod in half and cook on low heat, stirring regularly for 20 minutes.
7. Spread the dough on a sheet of parchment paper about 2 cm thick and let it dry for several days.
8. When the paste is dry enough, cut it to enjoy it as it is or with a piece of cheese!