How To Make Fried Green Tomatoes
1. Place the tomato slices over a rack and season with salt. Leave for 15 minutes so the excess water will come out. Then pat dry.
2. Combine the egg and buttermilk. Beat until well mixed.
3. Place the flour in a deep bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the cornmeal in another bowl. Then arrange the bowls in an assembly line: flour, eggs, cornmeal.
5. Bread the tomatoes and fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels then sprinkle with a bit of salt. Serve immediately.