Looking for the ultimate breakfast or brunch recipe? Look no further than this hash brown potato casserole recipe. It is creamy, cheesy and delicious yet simple to make. It's a hearty dish that is a big crowd pleasure and can be prepared ahead of time. What's not to love?
The easiest way to make this casserole is to use frozen hash brown potatoes. Alternatively, you can peel and shred whole potatoes. You'll have to squeeze out all the water and parboil them before getting started.
Ready to get to cooking? Fine Dining Lovers shows you how to make this classic comfort food.
Hash Brown Potato Casserole Recipe
Yields: 12-15 servings
2 lbs. hash brown potatoes (thawed)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup whole milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
chopped chives for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Butter a 9x13 casserole dish.
3. Beat the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and the sour cream. Mix well.
4. Place the hash brown potatoes along with the cheddar cheese in the buttered casserole.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and bake for 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped chives.
How to Know When The Hash Brown Potato Casserole is Ready
The hash brown potato casserole will be ready to be taken out of the oven when the top is golden and the egg is no longer runny.
The team at Don Julio have taken over an unloved corner of Buenos Aires. Organic produce harvested at the community-focused urban garden Huerta Luna de Enfrente will exclusively benefit local soup kitchens. Read on for the full story.