ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy and quick recipe for Cinnamon Buns: learn how to prepare delicious and soft homemade rolls with a twist, perfect for breakfast.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 8
How to make cinnamon buns
- Put the flour in a bowl and sprinkle with yeast and a pinch of salt.
- Add the lukewarm milk, 180 g / 6 1/2 oz sugar, the lemon zest, half the butter and the eggs and knead to a firm dough.
- Continue to knead thoroughly until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for approx. 45 minutes until it has doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan), gas 6.
- Knead the dough again, then form it to a long roll.
- Place the roll on a floured surface and roll it out to 1-2 cm / 1/2 in thickness.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with almonds.
- Mix the remaining sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough up lengthways.
- Slice into pieces 4-5 cm / 1 1/2-2 in long.
- Place the pieces, not too close together, on a cookie sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Brush with the remaining butter and bake for approx. 40 mins until golden brown.
- Take out and let cool slightly.
- Mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice and a little water to a fairly thick pouring consistency.
- Pour over the cinnamon buns in stripes.
- Let dry.