Cranberry Orange Scones with Citrus Glaze
An easy recipe for cranberry orange scones with citrus glaze: prepared with cranberries, orange zest and juice, they're a sweet treat you cant' miss!
06 February, 2017
0 HR 40 MIN
1 tbsp, finely grated
All purpose flour
1/2 tbsp, chopped
For the cranberry orange scones
- To prepare cranberry orange scones first heat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) gas 5.
- Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Whisk together the sugar, orange zest and juice, buttermilk, vanilla and egg until blended.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the salt.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the cranberries and thyme, then add the egg mixture to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll or pat out about 1 cm thick. Cut into rounds with a floured cutter.
- Lightly knead together the trimmings and cut out more rounds. Place well apart on the baking trays.
For the citrus glaze
- Stir together the sugar and orange juice until the sugar has dissolved.
- Brush the glaze over the scones and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Cool the cranberry orange scones on the baking trays for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.