Seafood salad is a popular dish in many regions in Southern Italy and it is best eaten warm with a drizzle of excellent extra-virgin olive oil.
1. Wash and clean the squid well and boil for about three minutes.
2. Place the octopus in cold water and cook for forty minutes.
3. Wash the mussels and clams and scrub the shells, then leave under running water for thirty minutes.
4. Now take two pans; cook the mussels in one and the clams in the other.
5. Boil the shrimps and prawns for five minutes, and remove the shells.
6. Cut the octopus into pieces and finely slice the squid.
7. Place them in a large salad bowl with the mussels and clams (without their shells), prawns and shrimps.
8. Season with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
9. Mix the ingredients well and leave the seafood salad to rest for at least thirty minutes to really enhance all the flavours
Wine Pairing: Lugana