Grilled Tomatoes With Bread Chip And Olive Crust
Tomato recipes: easy grilled fresh tomato with bread chips and olive crust, a tasty vegetarian dish for a spring or summer barbecue
01 May, 2012
Season & Occasion
0 HR 30 MIN
4 each, large
10 ml fresh leaves, chopped
60 ml, with garlic
40 g, stoned
30 ml, grated
to taste, freshly ground
- Wash and dry the tomatoes and cut in half crosswise.
- Mix the thyme with pepper, salt and 30 ml olive oil and brush the cut surface of the tomatoes with it.
- Crumble the bread chips, finely chop the olives and mix together with the rest of the olive oil and the Parmesan.
- Grill the tomatoes with the cut surface down, for about 3 minutes, then turn, season lightly with salt and spread the bread chip mixture over the cut surfaces.
- Grill for a further 3 minutes and serve immediately.