Couscous salad with grilled chicken breast, tomatoes and herbs
Ideal lunch recipe for cous cous with chicken breasts and tomatoes
16 July, 2013
0 HR 30 MIN
- Heat the grill. Brush the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side. To test if the chicken is cooked -insert a skewer or knife into the chicken - the juices should run clear with no trace of pink when the chicken is cooked.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool. Cut the chicken breasts into thick slices.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water in a pan over a low heat. Gradually stir in the couscous and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover the pan with a well fitting lid and leave to stand for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and, using 2 forks, fluff up the couscous grains. Add the herbs, tomatoes, onion and scallions and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowls and arrange the sliced chicken on top.