For the beef, Bone marrow and Horseradish
- Place bone marrow in a bowl of room temperature water, to soften the marrow for 20 minutes.
- When soft enough, push out marrow from the bone and rinse in fresh cold water.
- Meanwhile make the pickling liquid by boiling all the ingredients together, making sure the sugar is dissolved, and set aside to cool.
- Now poach cleaned bone marrow in water at 50 °C for roughly 8-10mins until the fat has rendered and the marrow is cooked.
- Once the marrow is cooked lift it out of the water in place it in the warm pickling liquid, which should be about 40 °C, set aside for at least an hour.
- Trim the meat so it will fit in the meat grinder and grind on the attachment with the biggest holes. Season meat to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.