Gluten-Free Easter Bread
Looking for new Easter desserts? Try this gluten-free Easter bread recipe: the traditional Easter bread with raisins and hazelnuts that is also gluten free.
06 March, 2017
Type of dish
Season & Occasion
1 HR 35 MIN
120 g, plus 2 tsp
1 tbsp, fast-action dried
2 tsp, powdered
110 ml, warm, 48% fat
Apple cider vinegar
1/2 unwaxed, lemon juice an zest grated
1/2 unwaxed, orange juice and zest grated
75 g, chopped, roasted
- To prepare the gluten free bread recipe start greasing a 900g loaf tin.
- Combine the warm water, 2 teaspoons sugar and the yeast. Set aside until frothy.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until evenly distributed.
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients, including the fruit zests.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients and the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add more water if it is too dry.
- The dough should be very soft and sticky.
- Stir in the dried fruits and hazelnuts.
- Place in the tin and smooth the top.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Cover the top with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
- Cool on a wire rack.