For the stew
- Wash and peel the root vegetables but leave the peel on the turnips.
- Peel the salsify and oven roast at 130°C together with the star anise, turning frequently to prevent scorching.
- Use the peels to infuse the cream.
- Use a mandoline to slice the roots and cook in water in a pot. Thoroughly rinse the leek, then remove and dry the root.
- Fry the root in 150°C oil, then transfer to absorbent paper and season with salt.
- Peel and halve the onions and separate the layers.
- Cook the onions with the root vegetables, tubers, leek, peel broth and butter. Season with salt.