Coq Au Vin
Chef Paul Bocuse's coq au vin: a delicious classic French chicken recipe with the full-bodied flavour of red wine. Make it simple with his recipe!
04 April, 2012
1 HR 0 MIN
All purpose flour
To taste (cloves unpeeled)
10 - 12 grains, crushed
- Cut the chicken into pieces and let it marinate with wine and the herbs for 24 hours.
- Drain and dry the chicken, then let it brown in a large stew pot.
- Once golden, add the cognac and let it flame.
- Then add a bit of all purpouse flour, and turn off the heat.
- After having sautéed the vegetables in a bit of butter or lard, put everything into the stew pot and add wine.
- When warmed through, lower the flame and cook for 30-40 minutes, half-covered, turning the pieces over every so often.
Chef's advice: the best wine to use is Fleurie, but any good quality, robust red wine will do. For a fuller taste, it is best to use a organic chicken.