For the grilled portobello mushroom burger
- To prepare the grilled portobello mushroom burger place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the mushrooms and leave to stand for 15 minutes, turning twice.
- Heat the broiler (grill).
- Toast the burger buns and set aside.
- Place the mushrooms on the broiler, reserving the marinade for basting.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, until tender, brushing with the marinade frequently.