Green Asparagus, Yogurt Sauce With Menton Citrus And Chickweed
Asparagus recipe with yogurt, citrus and chickweed; a healthy vegetarian appetizer by chef Mauro Colagreco, from Mirazur restaurant in France
30 March, 2012
Season & Occasion
0 HR 40 MIN
2, from Albenga
Fleur De Sel
To taste (can be replaced with lamb’s lettuce)
For Lemon vinaigrette
- In a small pot, combine the juice of two lemons, honey and the grated vanilla pod.
- Over low heat, reduce the mixture by two-thirds.
- Let cool and then add olive oil to create the vinaigrette.
For Menton citrus sauce
- Zest the peel of the lemons, the orange and the grapefruit and then chop finely.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the zests, then dilute with a bit of lemon juice and season with the fleur de sel.
For Cooked asparagus
- Peel the asparagus, removing the tough lower parts.
- Blanch for 30 seconds in boiling, salted water.
- The asparagus should remain very al dente.
- Cool immediately in ice water.
For Decorative elements
- Prepare several small leaves of mint and chickweed.
- Finely chop the spring onion.
- Keep aside a bit of lemon zest.
- Create purple asparagus shavings with a mandolin or a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the green apple into thin slices.
- Take four sections of the pink grapefruit and cut each section into three pieces.
- At the centre of a round plate, place a spoonful of the yogurt sauce, arrange the asparagus cut into three pieces around it.
- Add three apple slices, sprinkle with minced spring onion, some lemon zest and the three bits of pink grapefruit.
- Arrange the blanched green asaparagus and the herbs.
- Season with olive oil and fleur de sel.
- Add drizzle of the lemon vinaigrette around the plate.
- Serve immediately.