Asian Cashewnuts and Chicken Stir Fry
A tasty Asian recipe with cashew nuts, the chicken stir fry with soy sauce and basmati rice, a touch of garlic and pepper
07 December, 2012
0 HR 25 MIN
250 g, basmati
3 tbsp, sauce
600 g, breast, finely chopped
2 tbsp, peanut
200 g, nuts
1 clove, chopped
1 each, thin strips
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the pack.
- Mix the egg, soy sauce and cornflour into a smooth paste. Season with pepper, add the chicken and stir well.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the cashew nuts until just browned. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and fry the chicken in batches on a high heat until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the cashew nuts and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Drain the rice and put into serving bowls. Divide the chicken mixture between serving bowls and garnish with spring onions.