Bacon and Cabbage Risotto
An easy recipe for a creamy bacon and cabbage risotto: find out how to prepare this mouthwatering and comforting dish at home.
05 November, 2018
0 HR 45 MIN
2, finely diced
1 clove, minced
300 g, risotto
1 l, hot
150 g, cooked
150 g, shredded and blanched
How to make a tasty bacon and cabbage risotto
- In a large pan sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook gently until the shallots are soft.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until all the grains of rice are coated with the olive oil and butter.
- Add the white wine and reduce while stirring until all the white wine has almost evaporated.
- Add one ladle full of stock at a time and stir constantly until all of the stock has been absorbed.
- Continue this process until the rice is tender; 25-30 minutes.
- Add the bacon, cabbage and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.