Potato pakora recipe is perfect for an Indian inspired and vegetarian brunch: don't forget to dip the spicy potato pakora fritters in a creamy yogurt sauce!
Potato Pakoras with Yogurt Sauce recipe
1. To prepare potato pakora recipe start cooking the potatoes in salted boiling water for 30 minutes or until soft and then mash. Together with potatoes, you can use also other vegetables to prepare pakoras (as shown in the pictures): cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
2. Mix the chickpea flour, cornmeal and the fennel seeds in a bowl.
3. Stir in the chilies, coriander and onion.
4. Then add the potatoes and as much water as necessary to form a thick, kneadable dough.
5. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan until bubbles appear on a wooden spoon held in the fat.
6. Drop tsp-sized portions of the dough into the oil and fry until golden yellow.
7. Drain on kitchen paper.
For the yogurt sauce
1. Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.