ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Just follow the simple steps below to prepare a traditional Swedish walnut bread, perfect to be served for Christmas.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Brunch
- Recipe yield 8
- Recipe cuisine Scandinavian
How to make a delicious Christmas walnut bread
- Grease a 900g| 2lb loaf tin.
- Beat together the vinegar, oil, eggs and milk until blended.
- Put the flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir in the walnuts and yeast.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the liquid. Mix well to a sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a surface dusted with flour and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until smooth.
- Put the dough into the tin.
- Cover with oiled cling film, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) 400°F gas 6.
- Brush the top of the loaf with beaten egg and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool the Christmas walnut bread in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.