Fish Pie with Prawns
Learn how to prepare a delicious fish pie with prawns: it's a tasty main course and a great everyday meal for the family.
20 November, 2018
1 HR 50 MIN
400 g, floury, peeled and cubed
1 clove, finely chopped
1, halved lengthways and chopped
2, peeled and chopped
All purpose flour
1 - 2 tbsp
50 ml, dry
400 g, fillet, skinned, ready to cook, or cod, gudgeon, cut into bite-sized pieces
400 g, peeled, entrails removed, ready to cook
100 ml, lukewarm
3 tbsp, grated
2 tbsp, chopped
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salt water for 25-30 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic.
- Add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the flour, wine and stock and stir well making sure that there are no lumps.
- Add the cream, fish and prawns, season with salt and ground black pepper and simmer on a medium heat for around 10 min until thick.
- Drain the potatoes, leave to cool slightly and then mash.
- Add the milk, cheese and butter, season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg and transfer to a piping bag.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), gas 6.
- Stir the parsley into the fish mixture, season to taste and transfer to a baking dish.
- Pipe the mash on top so that it is well covered and bake for around 40 min.
- Serve the fish pie with peas and carrots.