Rice Pudding with Blueberries
Looking for new dessert ideas? Try this easy rice pudding with blueberries, served with magnolia flowers petals.
18 August, 2018
1 HR 0 MIN
1 l, whole
80 g, caster
300 g, fresh
1 tbsp, caster
flower petals, fresh
How to make a delicious rice pudding with blueberries
For the rice pudding
- Combine the milk, caster sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in a large heavy-based saucepan.
- Warm over a moderate heat until boiling and then reduce to a low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice, stir well, and continue to cook over a low heat, stirring frequently, until the rice has absorbed the milk and is tender and creamy; 30-40 minutes.
- Stir through the cream and nutmeg before setting off the heat.
- Toss half the blueberries with the sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before lightly crushing with the back of a tablespoon.
- Ladle the rice pudding into bowls and top with the crushed blueberries and the remaining fresh blueberries.
- Garnish with magnolia petals, if using, and a sprinkle of vanilla seeds before serving.