Watch how they're made in the short video below as parmesan receives magical treatment in the playful hands of culinary adventurist Albert Adria.
It's the perfect umami-packed melt in your mouth moment ...
How to make Albert Adria's parmesan spheres
Parmesan sphere ingredients
- 240 grams of parmesan
- 1 litre of water
- 24 grams of sunflower oil
- 10 grams of salt
- 210 grams of rice
How to make parmesan spheres
1. Add the ingredients together in a Thermomix - set to speed 6, 13 minutes at 80 degrees celsius.
2. Grease a balling machine (specially made by HVD in Belgium here) and heat to 180 degrees celsius.
3. Fill each cavity with dough
Cook for a total of 9 minutes -
3 times/ 1 minute each side
3 times/ 2 minutes each side
4. Gently break each of the hollow parmesan spheres out of the mould.
5. Have fun with your parmesan spheres!