S.Pellegrino Young Chef UK & Ireland Local Competition 2017 | 20 November, London
The UK and Ireland Local Competition in S.Pellegrino Young Chef, the global talent search to find the world’s best young chef, will take place on 20 November in London at Avequia cookery school.
Ten semi-finalists (see below), as selected by Alma, will face off in the live local cooking competition where their signature dish will be assessed by a local chef jury according to the five principles outlined in the Golden Rules:
- Ingredients and
The young chefs selected this year come from across Ireland, South Wales and England, with half coming from the capital, London.
The UK and Ireland semi-finalists
- Brandon Clemens Chef, “Kaspar’s at The Savoy” - London, England
- David Scarpato Chef, “Scarpatos Catering” – South Wales, United Kingdom
- Francesco di Marzio Sous Chef, “The Greenhouse Restaurant” - London, United Kingdom
- James Cousins Sous Chef, “Restaurant Associates” - London, United Kingdom
- Killian Crowley Chef de Partie, “Aniar Restaurant “ - Galway, Ireland
- Lee-james Hickey Commis, “Royal Air Force Club” - London, United Kingdom
- Matthew Ramsdale Sous Chef, “The Chester Grosvenor” - Chester, United Kingdom
- Michael Tweedie Chef, “The Oak Room, Adare Manor” - Adare, Ireland
- Michael Turner Sous Chef, “Bread Street Kitchen - Gordon Ramsay” - London, United Kingdom
- Romuald Bukaty Chef de Partie, “The Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport” - Swords, Ireland
To see each of the semi-finalist’s signature dishes click here.
This year’s local jury includes:
- Angela Hartnett
- Alyn Williams
- Phil Howard and
- Mickael Viljanen
who will be judging the contestants against the exacting standards required to represent the region on the world stage. The winning young chef will have several months to perfect their signature dish before placing it in front of the Seven Sages at the Grand Finale in Milan in 2018, in what could be the defining moment of their career.
Good luck to all the young chefs taking part and remember to check back with us to find out this year’s UK and Ireland finalist!