Central America and Caribbean Local Competition 2017 | 14 November, Mexico City
Ten chef semi-finalists will compete for the title of regional winner and finalist in the Local Competitions for Central America and the Caribbean on 14 November in Mexico City.
During a live cook off the ten competitors will each present their dish to be tasted by the local jury of food professionals who will be charged with selecting the best young chef in the region.
This region is a new addition in this third edition of S.Pellegrino Young Chef, and welcomes young chefs from Mexico, Costa Rica and Martinique this year.
The Central America and Caribbean Semi-Finalists
- Abraham Almazan Chef, 'Nixta Cocina' - Puebla, Mexico
- Alam David Méndez Florián Chef, 'Pasillo de Humo' - Ciudad de México, Mexico
- Alejandro Cotorett Sous Chef, 'Quintana Roo' - Tulum, Mexico
- Daniel Nates Chef, 'Maizal' - Puebla, Mexico
- Israel Pozas Lozano Chef, 'Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort Cancun' - Cancun, Mexico
- José Oscar Casimiro Segundo Chef, 'Ajumú' - Guadalajara, Mexico
- Manuele Fratini Chef, 'Private Chef Service' - Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
- Oswaldo Amador Orozco Gutierrez Chef, 'Decimoarte by chef Amador Orozco' - Guadalajara, Mexico
- Saul Alonso Umaña Sánchez Sous Chef, 'Restaurante El Punto' - Guachipelín, Escazú, Costa Rica
- Selim M'nasri Sous Chef, 'La table de Marcel' - Fort De France, Martinique
To see each of the semi-finalist’s signature dishes click here.
This year’s local jury includes:
Mikel Alonso and
who will cast their expert opinion selecting the most talented young chef to represent the region on the world stage according to the five principles outlined in the Golden Rules: beauty, message, skills, ingredients and genius.
The winning young chef will have several months to perfect their signature dish under the guidance of a mentor chef as well as during the Grand Finale, where the Seven Sages will have the chance to taste all the finalist’s dishes and ultimately crown the winner.
Good luck to all the young chefs taking part!