S.Pellegrino Young Chef Switzerland Local Competition 2017 | 4 September, Zürich
The Local Competition 2017 for Switzerland in S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018, the global talent search to find the world’s best young chef, will take place in Zurich at Belvoirpark Hotelfachschule on Monday 4 September 2017.
Ten semi-finalists (see below), as selected by ALMA, the prestigious Italian culinary school, will face off in the live local cooking competition.
Each young chef competing will be faced with the daunting task of presenting their signature dish for assessment by a local chef jury according to the five principles outlined in the Golden Rules: beauty, message, skills, ingredients and genius.
Just one winner will be lucky enough to be selected by a local jury of food experts from across the region and to continue their journey into the next phase of the competition.
The Young Chef Semi-Finalists for Switzerland
- Benjamin e Maguet - Sous Chef, 'Le Maguet' - Les Evouettes, Switzerland
- Christophe Tardin - Chef, 'ChrisAli Table d'hôtes' - Chavannes-près-Renens, Switzerland
- David Wälti Sous Chef, 'Eisblume' - Worb, Switzerland
- Diego Della Schiava - Sous Chef, 'The View Hotel' - Lugano, Switzerland
- Filipe Fonseca Pinheiro - Sous Chef, 'Restaurant de L'Hotel de Ville de Crissier B. Violer' - Crissier, Switzerland
- Jaco Redelinghuys - Chef de Partie, 'Maison Manesse' - Zurich, Switzerland
- Karim Robert Schumann - Chef, 'Hotel Vitznauerhof' & 'Waldhotel Davos' - Vitznau, Switzerland
- Marco Gaisser - Sous Chef, 'Restaurant Rias' - Kloten, Switzerland
- Nicolas Pierson - Sous Chef, 'Bottle Brothers' - Geneva, Switzerland
- Rodrigo Parracho - Chef de Partie, 'Anne Sophie Pic at the Beau Rivage Palace Lausanne' - Lausanne, Switzerland
To see each of the semi-finalist’s signature dishes click here.
An expert local jury including chefs André Jaeger, Martin Dalsass, Robert Speth, Markus Linder and journalist Patrick Spinden will be faced with making a collective decision on the day of the competition, eventually naming the winning finalist who will go on to represent the region on the world stage.
The winning young chef will have several months to perfect their signature dish under the guidance of returning mentor chef André Jaeger.
The next time they compete will be at the Grand Finale, against 20 other finalists where the Seven Sages will crown the S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018 winner. Good luck to all the young chefs taking part and check back with us to find out the winner!