S.Pellegrino Young Chef Scandinavia-Baltics Local Competition | 24 October 2017, Stockholm
During a live cook off in the Swedish capital on 24 October, the ten best young chefs in the region will have the chance to present their signature dish to be tasted and assessed by the local jury of professional chef judges. Just one young chef will take the title of best young chef in the region with a shot at becoming the best young chef in the world at the Grand Finale in Milan in May.
Chefs Tom Sjöstedt, James Maxwell-Stewart, Henri Alén, Jānis Zvirbulis, Egidijus Lapinskas and Andrus Laaniste will be in top judging mode as the local jury responsible for assessing each of the dishes on the day, according to the five principles outlined in the Golden Rules:
· ingredients and
This year’s regional young chef semi-finalists hail from Estonia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway. Discover their respective restaurants below:
The Scandinavian and Baltics Semi-Finalists
· Alar Aksalu - Chef, 'Georg Ots Spa Hotel' - Kuressaare, Estonia
· Andrea Miacola - Sous Chef, 'Era Ora Ristorante' - Copenhagen, Denmark
· Anton Husa - Chef, 'Upper House Dining' - Göteborg, Sweden
· Na Niiniketo - Chef de Partie, 'Mister French' - Stockholm, Sweden
· Jegors Porulevs - Sous Chef, 'Restaurant DOM' - Talinn, Estonia
· Jussi Piiroinen - Chef, 'Dining 26 by Arto Rastas' - Tampere, Finland
· Michal Slawik - Chef de Partie, 'Kong Hans Kaelder' - Copenhagen, Denmark
· Mikael Mihailov - Sous Chef, 'Restaurant Gui/Hilton Helsinki Airport' - Vantaa, Finland
· Odd Ivar Haglund - Sous Chef, 'Brasserie Fengselet' - Hønefoss, Norway
· Tomasz Rochon - Chef de Partie, 'Oset Høyfjellshotell' - Gol, Norway
To see each of the semi-finalist’s signature dishes click here.
The winning young chef will be named upon a unanimous decision reached by the jury on the day.
Following the win announcement, the young chef will have several months to perfect their signature dish under guidance of their mentor chef.
At the Grand Finale in Milan in May 2018, the Seven Sages, a panel of world famous judges, will make the final decision of the best young chef in the world following a cook off of the 21 global finalists.
We wish all the young chefs taking part the best of luck and will announce the winner here in due course!