Mark Moriarty’s Top Tips: Golden Rule #4, Beauty I Video
In order to help you with your application for the 2016 competition, I will give you some tips from my experience as S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2015 winner.
Here my suggestions on how to make sure you score highly in the field of ‘Beauty', number 4 in the 5 criteria for judging candidates.
1. Think about the whole presentation, the whole show, everything you’re trying to get across in the dish. I used black plates to bring out the colours of my ingredients, the whole set up is important.
2. Choose ingredients that stand out but don’t forget: ‘elegance in simplicity’. Don’t ram too many things onto the plate. There’s a lot of beauty in simplicity.
3. It’s not just about a beautiful picture and dish that’s important, but the beauty of your entire application is very important. The whole application needs to look beautiful.
4. Your picture of your signature dish when applying is going to show so much about the way you work. Lighting and a clear image are important.
5. Make sure you hit on the five golden rules when filling in your application, this is how you make a beautiful application.