ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Zucchini flowers with ricotta and candied tomatoes, a easy and gourmet vegetable recipe by chef Martin Dalsass from Santabbondio restaurant
- Zucchini flowers 8 (4 attached to the zucchini)
- Ricotta 200 g, made with goats milk (possibly from Valle di Muggio)
- Chive To taste, thinly chopped
- Salad Leaves to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil To taste
- Tomato 4 each, on the vine
- Garlic 1 clove
- Thyme To taste
- Salt To taste
- Pepper to taste
- Bread 4, thin slices toasted in the oven
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Italian
Mix the ricotta with the finely chopped chives.
Add salt and pepper.
Fill the flowers with the cheese using a pastry bag and cut the zucchini in a fan shape, without detaching the flower.
Steam everything for 2 minutes.
Briefly plunge the tomatoes into boiling water and then peel them.
Cut them into quarters, and de-seed them.
Spread them on a baking tray, cover them with thyme and chopped garlic and bake them in the oven at 90°C for two hours.
Create a fan with the candied tomatoes. Place the zucchini and their flowers atop them. Dress with extra-virgin olive oil. Garnish with dressed lettuce leaves and a slice of toasted bread.