ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
This spinach and ricotta balls with Parmesan recipe makes a rich and tasty side for any meal. Just follow the simple steps below to prepare it!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How to prepare delicious spinach and ricotta balls with Parmesan
- Wash, trim and sort the spinach, removing the thick stalks and place in a saucepan dripping wet.
- Cook over a medium heat until it collapses.
- Drain the spinach into a strainer, refresh with cold water, then drain, pressing slightly and chop finely.
- Mix together the spinach, ricotta, flour and eggs and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Then take teaspoonfuls of the mixture and form into balls with wet hands.
- Gradually drop the spinach balls into 2 L of boiling, lightly salted water and simmer very gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until they rise to the surface.
- Take out of the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, arrange the spinach balls on plates, pour melted butter around and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Garnish with basil.