ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Looking for new first course ideas? Try this roasted eggplant with quinoa salad perfect for summer.
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How to make roasted eggplant with quinoa salad
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan)| gas 5.
- Make a criss-cross pattern in the flesh of the aubergine using the tip of a sharp paring knife.
- Brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper before arranging in a roasting tray.
- Roast for about 30 minutes until the flesh is tender to the tip of a knife.
- In the meantime, place the quinoa in a large saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until dried out, stirring from time to time.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, cover with a lid and cook over a low heat until the quinoa has absorbed the stock, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to one side, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, fluff with a fork. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Remove the aubergine from the oven when ready and arrange on serving plates.
- Top with the quinoa before serving with a sprinkling with pine nuts, dried cranberries, and chopped mint.