ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Elevate your potato salad into a seafood starter served with crab meat on a crisp lettuce dish.
- Waxy potatoes 800 g | 5 1/3 cups
- Spring onions 2
- Small red onion, diced 1
- Vinegar 4 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Vegetable stock 100 ml
- Cream 100 ml
- Sour cream 100 g | 1/2 cup
- Mustard 1/2 tsp
- Chopped parsley 1 - 2 tbsp
- Snipped chives 1 - 2 tbsp
- Crabmeat, cooked and removed from the shell 300 g | 2 cups crabmeat
- Lettuce leaves 8
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
1. Wash the potatoes well and boil in salted water for about 30 minutes, until soft. Meanwhile trim the spring onions and cut into rings. Heat the stock, add the spring onion rings and diced onion and bring to the boil once, then remove from the heat.
2. Stir the mustard into the onion stock. Drain the potatoes, leave to steam briefly, then peel and slice. Put into a bowl with the onion stock, mix carefully, season with salt and pepper and add nutmeg to taste.
3. Leave to cool. Flake the crabmeat and mix into the potato salad with the oil.
4. Mix the cream with the sour cream and snipped chives and add the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Wash the lettuce leaves and put two on each plate. Fill each leaf with salad and drizzle with the sour cream dressing. Serve immediately.