ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
An easy and quick recipe for oven-baked sweet potatoes and beetroots: learn how to prepare a tasty side with a twist, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Beetroot 4 large, scrubbed and peeled
- Potato 3 medium, sweet, scrubbed
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Cottage cheese 450 g
- Mint 1 small bunch, leaves only, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Parsley 1 small bunch flat-leaf, leaves only, chopped
- Nuts 4 tbsp mixed
- White sesame seeds to garnish
- Black sesame seeds to garnish
- Pepper black, freshly ground
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
How to make oven-baked sweet potatoes and beetroots
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | gas 4.
- Rub the beetroot and sweet potatoes with the olive oil before individually wrapping in aluminium foil and arranging on a large baking tray.
- Bake for about 1 hour until just tender to the tip of a knife.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to one side.
- In the meantime, stir together the cottage cheese, chopped herbs, and some salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Toast the mixed nuts in a dry frying pan set over a medium heat until golden and aromatic.
- Let cool briefly before pulsing in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Unwrap the vegetables and discard the foil.
- Cut open with a sharp knife and fill with spoonfuls of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Arrange the backed sweet potatoes and beetroots in a dish and top with a generous sprinkling of the chopped nuts, sesame seeds, and some mint leaves before serving.