ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
The ideal side dish: mashed potatoes from an Irish recipe with cabbage and leeks.
For the garnish
- Chive 3 tbsp, chopped
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
Colcannon Mashed Potatoes
1. Peel the potatoes. Cut into pieces and boil in a little salted water until tender (ca. 20 minutes)
2. Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
3. Drain the potatoes. Mash. Continue breaking up with a fork until dry and fluffy.
4. Slice the cabbage into thin strips and cook in the boiling water for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain well.
5. Wash, clean and slice the spring onions into rings.
6. Melt the butter in a large pan, add the cabbage and spring onions. Saute briefly.
7. Mix the onions and cabbage into the potatoes. Add enough milk until the dish has a creamy consistency. Season with pepper.
8. Place the potatoes in bowls. Sprinkle with the chives and serve.