ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Wondering how to make bubble and squeak? Try this easy bubble and squeak recipe, fried mashed potato and cabbage. A tasty side perfect also for vegetarians!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
HOW TO MAKE BUBBLE AND SQUEAK: STEP BY STEP RECIPE
1. Wondering how to make bubble and squeak? Start cooking the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. Add the cabbage for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
3. Drain well and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
5. Add the milk and the butter to the potatoes and cabbage and season well with salt and pepper.
6. Mash the mixture with a potato masher.
7. Add the potato mixture to the frying pan, spreading it and pushing it down, so that the mixture covers the base of the pan.
8. Cook for 7-10 minutes until the base is golden brown.
9. Turn over and cook the other side for a further 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
Now that you know how to make bubble and squeak, you're ready to enjoy it!