ShareFacebook Twitter AddThis
Discover this Mexican chili recipe with cheese, cilantro, onions and sour cream. Read all the ingredients and a step-by-step directions!
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Recipe category Side
- Recipe yield 4
- Recipe cuisine Mexican
How to make a perfect Mexican Chili with cheese
1. Wash and finely dice the chillies.
2. Peel and finely dice the onions.
3. Peel and finely dice the celery and carrot.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Sweat the onions and chillies until soft.
6. Add the mince and brown all over, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
7. Add the celery and carrot and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomato puree.
8. Peel the garlic and press into the pan.
9. Cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the stock and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
10. Drain and rinse the red kidney beans, add to the pan and simmer for a further 20 minutes or so.
11. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper and spoon into bowls.
12. Garnish with Cheddar cheese, parsley, diced onion and sour cream and serve.